Thursday, January 27, 2011

When our mind is a fog and we can’t see

When our mind is a fog and we can’t see
A prison from which we yearn to be free
Yet there is no path, no clear lighted way
Darkness continues to lead us astray
We must stop and pray for the one true light
And not rely on our own human might
For the Eternal is our guiding lamp
And with newness of purpose will revamp

Of whom then shall we be truly in fear?
If we trust heaven for our life to steer
Teach me O Holy One show me the way
Shine in the brightness of a brand new day
You are my high tower of strength and hope
All praise to your name for the help to cope


Psalm 27:1   “The LORD is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid? “



Copyright © 2006, 2011  Thomas C. Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment