Monday, January 17, 2011

Examine my heart O Eternal One


Examine my heart O Eternal One
Hear my prayers for your work in me begun
In you I have found favor to receive
Search my thoughts and find that I do believe
Trusting that you are always by my side
Because in righteousness I do abide
My prayers I do constantly offer up
Bread of life at your table I do sup

Reveal your tender boundless compassion
After your mercy is my life fashion
The innocent see your glorious face
The wicked are blind because they are base
You oppose my enemies with your power
Saving me every day and night hour


Psalm 17:3   “Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited
me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing;
I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress. “



Copyright © 2011 Thomas C. Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment