Saturday, January 22, 2011

In our distress we cry out in despair

In our distress we cry out in despair
Over taken by fear, blind to your care
We feel that heaven is deaf to our cry
On ourselves we begin to thus rely
Bruised and naked we cry out loud in pain
Torture from our enemies is insane
Like the scourging of our Savior’s body
Who took our weakness thus to embody

The Romans marred more than any other
Leading us to so love one another
And for a moment all weakness was thus lain
In blood for our past was the lamb so slain
From the foundation of the world did bear
To free from bondage all human despair


Psalm 22:1   “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
why art thou so far from helping me, and from the
words of my roaring?”



Copyright © 2006, 2011  Thomas C. Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment