Friday, February 11, 2011

Who Is The Health Of My Countenance


My rock is the Ancient of days most high
On Heaven’s great power I do rely
Day and night I do respond to the voice
Constantly confronted with every choice
There can be only one that is supreme
That voice is the WORD who is a bright beam
As the thirst of a deer that has just run
My throat is dry from a course just begun

With eager countenance my mouth is dry
Praising you the one on whom I rely
My tears have sustained me all day and night
Surly Heaven has heard my mourning plight
My pain I will turn into praise on high
Held in eternity never to die



Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
(Psalms 42:11 KJV)


Copyright © 2006, 2011  Thomas C. Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment