Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Our soul’s eternity is unsurpassed

Great power resides in the human tongue
Who can stop the destruction once begun?
Like a wild fire that consumes all
Lowering the great who once stood tall
Words can cut deep like a double edged sword
Laying waste that which can not be restored
So guard the thoughts that will lead to your speech
Chain reactions can keep dreams out of reach

Longevity at its best is a flash
Human life will end in dust and in ash
Its brevity should call into action
To live each moment with burning passion
Build character that will this flesh outlast
Our soul’s eternity is unsurpassed

Psalm 39: 1  I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.



  Copyright © 2006, 2011  Thomas C. Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment